[Dixielandjazz] ODJB

Jazzjerry at aol.com Jazzjerry at aol.com
Mon Nov 17 12:09:22 PST 2003

In a message dated 17/11/03 16:33:47, Adaywayne writes:

<< Perhaps Jery really meant to say (and if so, I would agree with him) that
the ODJB were not, themselves, simply copiers of their "black" colleagues but
inovaters in their own modest way.  >>

Hi Arn

If you read my actual message rather than the bizarre slant put into it by
Steve you will see exactly what I said. To make things absolutely clear I have
copied my entire message below.

"This just shows that you are not aware of what is going on. An excellent
band led by Dan Levinson with Jon-Erik Kellso is playing precisely in the style
of the ODJB, Louisiana Five and other groups of the era and have released three
CDs so far. And a damn good band it is with the playing on the albumss being
a hell of a lot more lively and skillful that certain other bands I have heard
on CD in the past year or so."

Cheers,

Jerry,
Norwich,