[Dixielandjazz] Re: Cornet Education for Bill Biffle

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Sat Nov 15 22:59:54 PST 2003

In a message dated 11/15/03 3:21:46 PM Pacific Standard Time,
nancyink at ulink.net writes:

> Well then, Tom, I suppose you better include Clark Terry
> (and Terence Blanchard?)

Absolutely as well as Sir Miles Davis, but I don't recall them playing and
OKOM, mostly contemporary Jazz.

The guys I mentioned all play OKOM and Real New Orleans Jazz, but I would bet
that 75% of the folks on this list never heard of most of them, because they
don't listen or look for Black Musicians playing Dixieland or Traditional
Jazz.

I do and will also be the first to admit that I have never heard or listened
to many of the other great White trumpet players that have been mentioned in
this thread.  Mostly because they never made it to the mainstream of the music
industry at least not during my coming uppance.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins