[Dixielandjazz] Cornet Education for Bill Biffle

Mike Durham mikedurham_jazz at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 15 22:49:07 PST 2003

And playing today in Europe: Enrico Tomasso (who at age 8 played for Louis
in his dressing-room in England), Bent Persson, Mike "Magic" Henry, Paul
Lacey, Bruce Adams, Digby Fairweather, Andy Woon, Tom Goosen, Ken Sims,
Roland Pilz, Renee Hagmann........and a hundred others. These guys are all
pretty important too (and a lot less opinionated than Mr Marsalis!) but I
still think that Bill would be best advised to study a smaller number of the
great guys from the 20's/30's whose work has stood the test of time (and did
anyone mention Berigan?).

Mike D.