[Dixielandjazz] Simultaneous Bookings

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 13 18:58:34 PST 2003

List mates:

Following up on the "simultaneous booking" thread of several months ago:

Have booked 6 Dixieland Bands (36 musicians) so far under name of
"Barbone Street" to perform on Fat Tuesday, February 24, 2004 all in a
radius of 50 miles from Center City Philadelphia.

Have carefully explained that "Barbone" will only be at one location,
but that each band is "fronted" by an experienced N.O. Jazz musician
with whom I have worked several times within the past year and that the
other five in each band are "experienced" N.O. Jazz Musicians. Have also
carefully explained that all of these musicians have worked with me and
each other in N.O. Jazz Bands over the past 10 years and that the music
will be authentic and excellent.

Five of the bands are at branches of a local Restaurant chain, owned by
a single owner. We played at 3 of them last Mardi Gras and he opened two
more since then. The 6th band is at a private corporate party.

These gigs solicited me, I did not solicit them. They all want "Barbone
Street" name and musicians that are hired and approved by me.

There are no admission fees and/or cover charges at any of these gigs.

Anyone out there still think this kind of activity is a "No No"? If so
why? And what should I do?

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
leader / clarinet