[Dixielandjazz] LoC narrative and "You Asked For It" updates

Mike Meddings mike at doctorjazz.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Nov 13 21:58:35 PST 2003

Hello all,

Continuing the Library of Congress narrative, the following 5 AFS numbers
are presented for your viewing :

1686 B - Michigan Water Blues

1687 A - The Winding Boy

1687 B - The Winding Boy (concl'd)

Readers should be aware that these recordings contain obscene language,
which
some may find offensive. To retain historical accuracy no attempt has been
made to censor them.   The "footnotes" that I have provided for The Winin'
Boy ll on Circle jm-90 are a MUST read for all serious Jelly Roll devotees.

1688 A - Mamie Desmond's [sic] Blues

1688 B - Boogie Woogie Blues - Albert Carroll's Blues - Dialogue

The "footnotes" that I have provided for AFS 1688-A and 1688-B on Circle
jm-49 and Circle jm-50 are a MUST read for all serious Jelly Roll devotees.

Many of the above have additional "dust jacket" information, courtesy of
Larry Gushee and David Sager.

The "You Asked For It" page, has been updated to include positive
identification of the opening song roll.   Thanks to David Saul, Karl
Ellison and Bob Berkman.

The 5 AFS updates and the "You Asked For It" item can be accessed from the
UPDATED PAGES BOX at :

http://www.doctorjazz.freeserve.co.uk/index.html

Then just scroll down to the NEW revolving icons.    Hope you enjoy.

Coming next week is a MAGNIFICENT full-scale article on J. Lawrence Cook.

Musically yours

Mike

morton at monrovia15.freeserve.co.uk
http://www.doctorjazz.freeserve.co.uk/