[Dixielandjazz] MORE MOON MELODIES

Vachesr at aol.com Vachesr at aol.com
Tue Nov 11 12:07:09 PST 2003

Dear Listees--Call it a  coinkadink,  or  what  you will, but
recently--inspired by  the many
superior songs  with "moon," or "moonlight"  in
the title--I ddcided to  compile  a  CD  of  my
favorite recordings of such gems, with  the  following results:  (The CD
collection eventually
grew to six, but I  think  the  first  one  is
sufficient.)
1. There's a Ring Around the Moon--Ray Noble on HMV with Al Bowlley
2. Moonlight Cocktail--Glenn Miller  3. Devil  In the Moon--Taft Jordan  4.
If  the Moon Turns Green--Taft  Jordan  5. Moon Mist--Duke Ellington
6. A Sailboat In the  Moonlight--Johnny Hodges
7. Moon--Roy Fox  8. Moon Glow--Artie Shaw
9. Moon  Song--Paul Weston  10.Moonlight  Mood---
Kaye Kyser  11. Goodnight Moonlight--Freddy Martin  12. There's  Honey On the
Moon Tonight--
Fats Waller  13. Moonlight  In Vermont--Billy
Butterfield  14.  Where the Mountains Meet the
Moon--The  King  Sisters  15. The  Same Old  Moon
--Smith Ballew  16. Same Old Moon (but  not the  same old tune)--Adrian
Schubert  17. Goodnight
Moon--Roy Fox  18.  Moon Country--Ray Noble
19. What a Little Moonlight Can Do--Teddy Wilson
20. Under a Texas  Moon-Bert Lown  21. Moonstruck
--Bing  Crosby 22. There's Frost On the  Moon--
Dick McDonough  23.  Moonlight On the Ganges--Ray
Noble  24. I Wished On the  Moon--Teddy Wilson
25.  The Moon Got In My  Eyes--Roy Fox 26. The Moon Fell In the River--Hal
Kemp  27.It Was Only
a Paper Moon