[Dixielandjazz] Spelling

lswain at penrose.com lswain at penrose.com
Mon Nov 10 11:14:12 PST 2003

Bob:

As someone spelling-challenged, you might avail yourself of the
Merriam-Webster Web site (m-w.com) for help.

Enter

	phanomana

and it comes up with this list of possibilities for correct spelling:

    	 1. phenomena
    	 2. phenomenal
    	 3. phenomenas
    	 4. phenomenon
    	 5. phenomenally
    	 6. funnymen
    	 7. Feynman
    	 8. funnyman
    	 9. forenamed
    	10. forenames

Click on any one for its definition.

You can also go to google and enter your version of the word.

In this case, the first response from google is

	Did you mean: phenomena

So you have the advantage of SUSPECTING that you're misspelling a
word.  Those two resources should set you straight in miroseconds.

All the best,

Larry Swain