[Dixielandjazz] Full Moon

Robert S. Ringwald ringwald at calweb.com
Sun Nov 9 11:12:16 PST 2003

Steve Barbone mentioned in his recent post,

"Maybe it was the full moon."

While I no longer make my living playing music, for some 30 years, I
supported a wife, three children & a girlfriend, playing music.

I am now in a position, owning a business, where I can play when I want, for
whom I want, when I want, for fun & profit.

I currently work steady with 2 bands, The Fulton Street Jazz Band and The
Boondockers, a comedy/jazz group--Both based in the Sacramento area.

To get to the point of this post:

For many years, playing in nightclubs, I could tell by the actions of the
customers when it was a full moon.  I'd say, "Must be a full moon."  We'd
walk outside & take a look & sure enough, it was.

The people seem to be much more inhibited during the full moon cycle.

I have talked to many professional bartenders who agree.

I am wondering if other musicians or people who deal with the public around
liquor, have also noticed this full moon syndrome?

Also, if any physiologists on the List have an explanation for this fananon?

Bob
mr.wonderful at ringwald.com
Placerville, CA, USA, Earth, Sol's System, Milky Way
Amateur (ham) Radio Station K6YBV
Fulton Street Jazz Band
See: http://www.ringwald.com
Boondockers Jazz & Comedy Band