[Dixielandjazz] Quote of the day

John Farrell stridepiano at tesco.net
Thu Nov 6 14:38:11 PST 2003

Re this seemingly incomprehensible utterance attributed to Steve Martin (who
late in life became a doctor who made boots for juvenile delinquents) :

"Talking about music is like dancing about architecture."

With great humility I believe that I have solved the mystery - if the words
of the quote are juggled a little this emerges :

"Music is about talking architecture dancing about, like."

Voila ! and what is more - Eureka !! It makes even less sense than the
original !!!!

(I would have put this on the list but having only recently recovered from a
Ringwald slap on the wrist for posting OKOM-free messages my courage failed
me.)

John Farrell