[Dixielandjazz] Another view of "Tribute" Bands/ Ory Tribute CD

Dave Hanson jazzdude at bellsouth.net
Tue Nov 4 00:09:45 PST 2003

This from David Littlefield:
___________________________

   "And you know if I recognize it as bad, then it really was bad."
 That's what's killing jazz, especially OKOM. Since Eddie Condon's death,
 folks have been conditioned to think that bad music is Dixieland Jazz
 and they don't like it. Can you blame them?
What did Condon do to condition the listening public to believe that bad
music is
 Dixieland Jazz ? Please help me understand that statement !!!!

Perhaps we have a couple of generations of musical morons that don't know
great from mediocre ? It's apparent that something like rap, hip-hop or my
favorite "Gansta Rap" and what ever
else that people buy that ISN'T really music, as we know might be the
problem.

Just my two cents worth......Condon will turn over in his grave. Give me a
break !!!!

Dave Hanson
Trombone
Atlanta