[Dixielandjazz] Recorded in New Orleans

=?Windows-1252?Q?Ingemar_W=E5german?= gotariver at goteborg.utfors.se
Tue Nov 4 21:18:50 PST 2003

Listmates,

In the excellent discography "Recording activity in New Orleans in the =
Twenties" by Ron Sweetman (http://bluesworld.com/NODiscog.html) you find =
all the jazz, blues, gospel, country and cajun recordings from the 15 =
field visits by Okeh, Columbia, Victor, Brunswick and Vocalion in New =
Orleans 1924-1929.  Most of the jazz recordings have been re-issued on =
CD, but there are some exceptions. =20

The following tunes have been issued on 78RPM records, but not on CDs =
(to my knowledge):

WHY SHOULD I BELIEVE IN YOU? + COMMON STREET BLUES (Scranton Sirens)
PINING + SWEET BABY (Frankie Quartell and his Melody Boys)
WHY SHOULD I SAY THAT I'M SORRY + AN OLD  GUITAR AND AN OLD REFRAIN =
(Ralph Pollock and his Orchestra)
A PRECIOUS LITTLE THING CALLED LOVE + WEARY RIVER (Ellis Stratakos and =
his Hotel Jung Orchestra)
SOMETIME WHEN YOU'RE ALONE (Papalia and his Orchestra)

The following ones were recorded but not issued:

DUMP CART + CORNET OMELET (Blind Gilbert=B4s Tin Roofers)
SILVER SLIPPER RAG + DIZZY LOU (Dixie Instrumental Four)
BANANA PEEL + BABY (The Orleanians)
ABSINTHE HOUSE STOMP + I WAS FOOLING YOU (Hal Jordy and his Absinthe =
House Orchestra)
ZERO + SPAGHETTI + SO LONG, JOE + KILLING TIME (New Orleans Owls)
CAF=C9 CAPERS + UP AND AT'EM (Parenti's Liberty Syncopators)

I am very interested in information about the tunes, especially the =
unissued ones (except BABY and CAF=C9 CAPERS). Composers, sheet music =
etc etc. I have already checked Rust and Lord for personnel etc. I am =
very interested in tape copies from the issued 78 RPMs - and of course =
the original records if someone has spare copies...

Cheers

Ingemar Wagerman
Gota River Jazzmen http://listen.to/gotariver
GOTHENBURG, Sweden.