[Dixielandjazz] Ellington's Sacred Work

PJ Ladd pj.ladd at btopenworld.com
Tue Nov 4 11:54:37 PST 2003

``Can you perhaps all agree on
a format?``

Oh Arn,
you will only know how funny that is when you have been around the list for
a bit.
The only thing that we have ever agreed on is to invent the term OKOM
because we couldnt even agree about what sort of music we were discussing.
We  cannot agree about just quoting a snippet from a previous post or the
whole thing.

It is a great list in spite (or maybe because) of our disagreement.
Try stating, just as an experiment,  that `Wonderful World` is a) the best
song ever written or b) Wonderful World is the biggest load of crap ever
devised.

Five will get you ten that there will be 20 posts in favour of either
proposition and an equal number of irate listees will ply you with friendly
abuse for being so misguided.

Great fun

Cheers

Pat