[Dixielandjazz] Re: "Jazz" Festivals

Adaywayne at aol.com Adaywayne at aol.com
Sun Nov 2 19:32:16 PST 2003

Thanks Tom,

First off, I can't play any instrument but the gramophone. Born in Lancashire
and fell in love with "jazz" listening to the likes of Sid Philips, Harry
Gold, and George Chisholm on the BBC during the war (so I'm still quite young,
you see!!).

As a listener, cut my teeth listening to Humph at 100 Oxford St. and Cy
Laurie in a cellar in Windmill Street in London ( the latter opposite a well-known
theatre of interesting art). Came to US in 64 and have lived here ever since.
My mother was a pianist of some note in England .....started on Blackpool's
North Pier and later was accompanist for the likes of Gracie Fields and Tessie
O' Shea. Always was music in our house but, sadly, I lack all talent for
playing any instrument.

I shall continue to enjoy listening to you chaps/guys shooting the bull and
may add a comment here or there.

Finally, thanks to the likes of all you people for keeping OKOM alive. By the
way, the comment about the doctor was written with tongue firmly in cheek!!
Arn