[Dixielandjazz] RE: cornets

Edgerton, Paul A paul.edgerton at eds.com
Mon Nov 3 13:02:18 PST 2003

I'm surprised that Bob Romans hasn't already said this, but you cornet fans
might want to take a close look at a Puje trumpet. It has a Shepherd's crook
bell and is a somewhat odd-looking beast, not a typical trumpet but not
really a cornet either. It has a fat, warm low register sound but it can
still command attention if you push it.

There have been about a half-dozen of these purchased in the Sacramento area
in the last year, with lots of enthusiastic comments from the "Gee, what is
that thing and can I try it?" crowd. And a hand-made horn for $850 ain't
such a bad deal either.

Paul Edgerton
Who, for the good of all, doesn't play his Puje in public.