[Dixielandjazz] Regina Carter - Best Jazz Violinist today

Ed Danielson mcvouty78 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 3 10:59:21 PST 2003

Regina at her best reminds me of Stuff Smith -- that same big sound that
swings like mad.
If you haven't heard it, dig her recording of "Chattanooga Choo Choo" on a
CD called "Motor City Moments."

Ed Danielson

>>Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 18:57:30 -0500
>>From: lswain at penrose.com
>>To: dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com,
>>Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] Regina Carter - Best Jazz Violinist today
>>
>>November 2, 2003 - New York Times
>>Regina Carter Keeps in Touch With a 260-Year-Old Friend
>>
>>Today's (11/2) CBS Sunday Morning, with Charles Osgood, ran their own
>>version of this story, and showed her with, and playing, Paganini's large
>>violin.  I could not find an archived copy of the report. Glad I saw it;
>>sorry you might have missed it.
>>
>>Larry Swain
>>L. R. Swain
>>Penrose, Inc.
>>Professional Real Estate and other Web presence creation
>>http://www.Penrose.com
>>617 571 7885

"You might as well fall flat on your face as lean over too far backward."
-- James Thurber