[Dixielandjazz] OKOM in Columbus, Ohio

Charles Coleman charliew8fim at ncool.net
Sun Nov 2 18:30:05 PST 2003

Hi, Listmates:    A plug here, if I may, for the Central Ohio Hot Jazz Society which is holding its annual "Fall Harvest of Bands and Holiday Charity Event" on Sunday, November 9th  from 1-7 pm at the Fawcett Center Ballroom in Columbus, Ohio.   Three of the Ohio bands will be performing:  Dave Greer's "Classic Jazz Stompers";  "The Buffalo Ridge Jazz Band" and the "Toll House Jazz Band".   For anyone within an hour or so drive from Columbus, this is a "Must Hear" since these bands are top-notch.   The admission is under $20, and less if you bring in two or more food items (typically canned items) which will be donated to a local soup kitchen.
For those not familiar with Columbus, Fawcett Center is located on Olentangy River Road off Lane Avenue.  Watch for construction if you're coming from the East.    Out-of-towners, take rt. 315 South to the Lane Avenue exit near OSU.    I don't have the web address now, I think GOOGLE will find it if you type in COHJS.
    Cheers,       Charlie "Supporting Live Jazz" Coleman