[Dixielandjazz] Re: "Jazz" Festivals

Mike Durham mikedurham_jazz at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 2 22:28:19 PST 2003

Amen, Tom & Steve. Burns had its good and bad sides, but sure gave us some
visibility otherwise denied us by the major media. And we've played in
Spain, France and Italy the last two years, great fun (tho a lot of
organisation needed). We even got to play in the USA last year - selling you
guys your own music!!
On the other hand, we have hosted the 10th avenue and Natural Gas bands,
will host the Black Eaglres in 2004 and hope to get the Yerba Buena Stompers
over in 2005. It's a wonderful world

Mike

P.S. we will also entertain the Bratislava Hot Serenaders (great 13-piece
20's style hot dance band from Slovakia) in 2004: cheaper airline travel is
a great thing!