[Dixielandjazz] Dadaism et al

Charlie Hooks charliehooks at earthlink.net
Fri May 30 11:35:54 PDT 2003

on 5/29/03 6:02 PM, Bill Haesler at bhaesler at nsw.bigpond.net.au wrote:

> some-time bop saxophonist
> Boyd Raeburn & His Orch recorded "Dalvatore Sally" for Jewell in May 1946.

Bill Haesler: I love you and respect you inordinately and justly (you know
more than anybody else on the list!), but Boyd Raeburn was not just a
"some-time bop saxophonist."  That guy was one helluva player--of anything
and any style he decided on that day!  I haven't heard "Dalvatore Sally,"
but I'd like to--and my money is on finding it interesting.

But only you could have come up with the information!  You are some valuable
dude, Bill.  Please never go away.

Charlie