[Dixielandjazz] Subjects on DJML

Don Ingle dingle at baldwin-net.com
Fri May 30 11:19:59 PDT 2003

Perhaps this will put the final nail in the Dada coffin.
Back about 30 years when I led the Jack Pine Savages in West Michigan, with
Tommy Pletcher on Cornet, we used to play That Dada Strain. Our clarinet
player Al Burgess would ask after I announced the title of the tune.."Hey,
how do you get the DaDa Strain?"
   John Butterfield, the tuba man, would shout from the back
line..."Whenever  you lift a heavy Mama."  A combination of moans and
chuckles followed!
   So now...perhaps..".Requiem In Pace?" to Dada.
Don Ingle - celebrating a partial return to normalcy at home. Jean's broken
ankle has healed enough that the doctor just said she could put weight on it
after nearly 7 weeks of wheel chair drag races. If the progress continues as
well, we might slip down to Logan, OH and catch the Boondockers in action.
Crossing the fingers as I type -- which makes for lousy typing!