[Dixielandjazz] fabulous Sacto Jazz Fest

Kaye Wade kayewade at earthlink.net
Thu May 29 15:29:21 PDT 2003

What a great line-up this year.  I couldn't even get to a lot of the
bands I love to hear.

The F2F was marvelous! What a nice event seeing Meg Graff, Will
Connally, Rae Ann Berry, Joe Hopkins, The Thompson's, Harry Epp,and well
- I can't name them all - just every one! And yes, the bartenders got
pretty good tips - they charged $2.00 for a Glass of water.

Roger Snell always comes thru in great style, letting everyone do "their
Thing" and making it a masterpiece.  The crowd loved them!   I even had
a little fan club that saw me sing with Roger last year & came in hoping
I would be there.
Tito, from Brazil, came in 2 days and all the other fine musicians.

The Cell Block 7 have never had a bad day - they are excellent!
Dutch & The Gramercy Six were a super solid band!
Igor was back & bigger than ever!
Catsenjammer Band just kept on Truckin' - what a great bunch.

TThw Washboard Concert was a sell- out. It was hard keeping "little
Petey Babcock" from destroying his voice as he is a fantastic performer,
but has nodules and is undergoing treatment just now.  We got him a
Hannible Lecter mask, but he still got across his points with whistles &
gestures. He will be in Logan Ohio too as well as Mike Johnson, Danni &
Jim Sullivan, George & Janie Schoembaum, and many others.

I will be working with The Boondockers and the Juggernauts in Logan Ohio
for the Washboard Festival over Father's day Weekend agin this year.
Always a Blast!

Come & say Hello - bring your umbrellas ( they are good for the Sun, the
Rain and Dancing - just an all around tool!)

--
Kaye Wade
Stuntwoman-Actress, Reflexologist