[Dixielandjazz] Wolpe and the Bauhaus

david richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Wed May 28 10:31:40 PDT 2003

Just speaking out of my fish (or is that a hat?) I could see where the
early Dadaists would relate well to jazz. Both  developed at about the
same time in the first part of the 20th century. As "anti-intellectual
"intellectual" artists" and creating  spontaneous creations I am sure
they embraced the concept of "lower class" Blacks making improvised
"primitive jungle music."  My art history classes were many years ago
but i do recall reading about the association of dada and early jazz.

I did a quick Google search on "Dada jazz" and found many hits.

I am guessing that the Bauhaus theories would apply more to
"Neo-classic" or "serious" compositions, not as much to traditional
jazz.

Dave Richoux
On Wednesday, May 28, 2003, at 06:31 US/Pacific, Bobolink7736 at aol.com