[Dixielandjazz] Thanks for help on the external drive

Mick Potter mpotter at mentoneggs.vic.edu.au
Fri May 23 09:17:46 PDT 2003

Hi Bill

Here Here!!!!! I agree with you completely. I use an external burner because my computer is not my own. (That is another story.) It took the full brain power of our school computer department to make it work. It is still limited in what it can do compared with what it should be able to do.  When I get my own computer I will be going internal!!!!!!
To make this relevant to OKOM. there is some great stuff to be downloaded on www.Emusic.com .

Mick Potter

PS Sam if you must correct my spelling please do it off line.

>>> "Bill Gunter" <jazzboard at hotmail.com> 05/23/03 06:06am >>>
Hi all,

I got so many e-mails and advice on my quest for information on installing
my external CD burner that I thought it easier to make a general thank you
to all of you (Chris, Paul, Rebecca, Dick etc. etc. etc.).

I have the problem solved. I took the damn drive back to the store and got
my money back ($145) and then bought an internal CD burner ($70 with a $20
rebate) and took it to my computer guru who installed it and added two extra
USB 2 ports on my computer (I already had to more on my motherboard) and it
works beautifully (he charged me $50).

That means my internal hardware and professional installation cost me $100
and the external hardware and self installation cost me $145 dollars and
hours of frustration.

My advice to any and all who wish to install a CD burner is GO WITH AN
INTERNAL DRIVE and get an expert to install it.

I love you all and appreciate all your help.  Thanks again!!!

Bill "Life is good" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com