[Dixielandjazz] Jazz at Lincoln Center

Phil Crumley pcrumley at compuserve.com
Wed May 21 19:25:03 PDT 2003

Recently some posts mentioned Jazz at Lincoln Center's annual Essentially
Ellington contest. I was sorry to learn that our San Francisco band did not
make the top three.  The director of that group is none other than Dee
Spencer, who does piano and vocals with my band, Natural Gas Jazz Band.

Because Dee was in NYC for the contest last Saturday, we had the privilege
of having Bob Ringwald take over piano duties for us at the Pre-Jubilee
concert held in Old Sacramento.  Thanks to Bob for his fine work -however
Dee is back home now and will be with us all weekend which will be the 28th
consecutive Sacramento Jubilee for us -  whew!

Phil Crumley