[Dixielandjazz] news from downunder

Charlie Hooks charliehooks at earthlink.net
Wed May 21 15:54:43 PDT 2003

on 5/21/03 9:41 AM, Sam Meerkin/Evelyne Perks at smeerkin at melbpc.org.au
wrote:

> Mike Edwards, the relatively new reed player with New Melbourne Jazz Band

    I'd like to add my two cents here, having just spent much more time than
I had intended on Ross Anderson's new CD (it wouldn't let me go, dmmit) and
am impressed with Mike Edwards, whose playing I (ignorant one) had not heard
before.  But let's face it: the New Melbourne Jazz Band doesn't contain dead
wood anywhere.

    If you don't have a copy, e-mail Ross and get one: you'll love it!

Charlie

(and I ain't even gettin no commission!)