[Dixielandjazz] Thanks to so many

tito martino tmartino at terra.com.br
Sat May 17 22:30:19 PDT 2003

Hi list mates,

I'm flying tomorrow from Sao Paulo Brazil, to Sacramento, via Chicago.

I wish to Thank publicly to our list mates Nancy Giffin and Steve
Barbone who gave me a push and good hints; to Paige VanVorst and Bob
Lynn who offered to guide me to good places in Chi; to Jim Beebe who
gave me phone numbers of Kim Cusack and Bob Koester (Jazz Records) and
address of Andy's Jazz Club where plays Franz Jackson (I found here
Franz's CD "Snag It" playing with Jim Beebe). Thanks too to Dan
Augustine, Bob Ringwald, Meg Graf, Bob Romans, Charlie Hull, and to Jim
Kash who gave me wise help.

In Chi I'll stay three days as a guest at the apartment of an old friend
of mine.  In Sacramento, I'll be hosted at the motor home RV of my
friend Ebbe Skov, that RV will stay parked at the Cal Expo; it will be
my address during Sacto. Festival.

To those interested to know how a Brazilian will do playing   Jazz, or
just puzzled to see such a crazy dude coming from so far away, I was
invited to sit in for a couple of tunes:

with Cell Block 7 Saturday 10 PM at Pizza Tent;
with Roger Snell Quartet at the Delta King from 01:00 to 04:00 Friday
and Saturday;
with K Street Band who will be premiering my composition "Hot One";
with Fulton Street Ramblers and probably
with our list mate Meg Graf in a Jam session don't know where.

All this is very nice and friendly and I am impressed.

So I'm happy and looking forward for a good time.

Wish the same for you all going to Sacramento,

Big Cheers,

Tito Martino
clarinet, s.sax, a.sax,
Tito Martino Jazz Band
São Paulo  Brasil

P.S.: unfortunately I'll miss the F2F at Delta King, 'cause my flight
lands May 23 at 10:20 AM.

---