[Dixielandjazz] Garden hoses/ Mike Riley

Richard Broadie richard.broadie at gte.net
Wed May 14 13:46:08 PDT 2003

Hi Don -   I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Mike used to drive me nuts when I played with him at Club Razz-A-Ma-Tazz on
Sepulveda in LA in the mid 60s!  He'd play about 28 bars of Stardust as
beautifully as one could ever hear and then put a two octave tailgate slide
for three measures to a thunderous BLAT at the final bar to absolutely
destroy the pre-existing beauty.  I wish Mike would have taken himself more
seriously.  He always had to go for the gag, much to his own detriment.

Dick