[Dixielandjazz] Re: comic book writers and artists

Richard Broadie richard.broadie at gte.net
Wed May 14 10:55:13 PDT 2003

Family Circus cartoonist Bil Keane is very heavily into OKOM.  He attends
the Sweet & Hot Festival in LA virtually every year and has published many
Circus cartoons paying tribute to such as our own Mike Silverman, Chet
Jaeger and the late Milt Hinton.  Don't know where this fits into thread.
I've got about 4,000 unread djml posts in my computer that I'm about to
delete.  Maybe with a fresh start, I'll be able to keep up now that I have
more time on my hands.

For those who haven't yet heard, about 5 weeks ago I had
surgery for colon cancer.  I started chemo two days ago.  If you have a few
prayers to spare, please send them to me.  I scheduled to be on chemo until
December so will be less likely to be doing many festivals this year.   I
hope to do some one man band CDs in my little studio so perhaps I can still
contribute something to the jazz world during my recovery.

Dick Broadie