[Dixielandjazz] Re: comic book writers and artists as OKOM fans (was "The Cat")

Bill Haesler bhaesler at nsw.bigpond.net.au
Wed May 14 16:24:39 PDT 2003

Dear Dave,
Why not start a list?
It will keep those not at festivals off the streets.
8>)
The first to come to mind are Eddie Condon mates: Walt Kelly, John DeVies and
Paul Smith.
There also are quite a few drawings of jazz musicians by the late Al Hirschfeld.
Wally Fawkes (Trog) and Humphrey Lyttelton were published cartoonists.
David Stone Martin did some terrific, and memorable, record covers.
There are well known others I can't quite bring to mind at this moment.
We have a few here in Australia, but they are not recognised internationally.
Kind regards,
Bill.