[Dixielandjazz] Vic Dickenson

Bryan Livett livett at rogers.com
Wed May 7 21:07:37 PDT 2003

Too late Jim.... damage is done!  Vic Dickenson was one of the unique
"voices" of jazz.  An incredible technician who always played "with" the
group, tailoring his level of musicianship to the other players.  His
"sound" always had a chuckle in it as if he were enjoying himself
thoroughly, and later in his career he could outplay other trombonists even
with one lung.  One of the "greats" of the sliphorn!

Bryan