[Dixielandjazz] Re: The Big Day Is Here!!

E. B. Ellis E.B.Ellis at mci.com
Fri May 2 12:16:00 PDT 2003

Dan,

How would you know you were hoisting an 'extra' brew at happy hour?

E.B.

Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 09:22 -0600 (MDT)
From: Dan Augustine <ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu>
Subject: The Big Day Is Here!!

>From: "Stoddard, David" <dave.stoddard at Wayne.com>
>Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 09:59:39 -0500
>
>How are you celebrating?
>
>Today is  International Tuba Day!!
**----------------------------------------------------------------------**
DJML and others--
    What!?  It's not a national holiday?  Thank God Mr. Stoddard had the
wit to apprise me of this intelligence.
    Are radio stations filling their hours with music featuring Joe Tarto
and others?  Is Bill Bell's life being publicized and honored?  Are they
having a parade for Roger Bobo and Howard Johnson?
    I guess i need to do something special to commemorate this hallowed
day, but other than hoisting an extra brew at happy hour, i'm at a bit of
a loss how to do it.  I had not the wit (even the half-wit) to remember to
load up a CD with dixieland tuba-solos aforehand so i could serenade my
office colleagues with the gentle strains of the most beautiful voice in
the heavenly choir, and generally the internet is not rife with sites of
mp3's of tuba-music to download, so i'm (in a word) hosed.  However, i
shall think good thoughts about tubas and their operators all day (and
into the night).  Let's all do our part, eh?

    Dan