[Dixielandjazz] jews harp

James Kashishian kash at ran.es
Tue May 6 00:06:05 PDT 2003

During dinner out, a few bars of jews harp was heard during a country
western song on the jukebox (at a pseudo-country western Ribs restaurant
in Madrid!), and the conversation turned to where the name of this
particular instrument comes from....and, am I spelling it correctly?
Anyone have the history?

p.s.  I had Rioja wine & a Canary Island (Spain) cigar to counterbalance
the non-Spanish part of the meal, plus, I had paella for lunch!    :>

p.s.s. (or whatever), I'm going to Boston next week, and am arriving the
day AFTER the city of Boston puts into practice their blanket
non-smoking rule, so will leave my cigars at home!

Jim