[Dixielandjazz] Joe Showler Request

David W. Littlefield dwlit at cpcug.org
Mon May 5 11:45:40 PDT 2003

The following came from 78-list--amazing this guy's name pops up on 2
different lists at exactly the same time.
--Sheik

The Whiteman Bandwagon column from Orchestra World Magazine

Charles Strickfadden was a saxophone player and member of the Paul Whiteman
Orchestra.

Strickfadden wrote a column for Orchestra World Magazine during 1934 to 1937.

The column was entitled The Whiteman Bandwagon by Charles Strickfadden.

I am looking for photocopies of this column from the following issues of
Orchestra World.

Feb, Mar, Apr, May, June, July, Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov 1934

July & August 1935

October 1936

I have not seen the above issues and some may not contain the column, as it did
not appear regularly each month.

Joe Showler
2483 Queen Street East
Toronto Ontario