[Dixielandjazz] Re: Danny Alvin LP

Bill Haesler bhaesler at nsw.bigpond.net.au
Sun May 4 12:39:29 PDT 2003

Dear Jim,
It took me ages to find that LP! Playing it now for old times sake.
My copy  is the original Stepheny MF 4002 - 'Danny Alvin And His Kings Of
Dixieland Play Basin Street.
I assume yours is Esquire 32-193 or Jazzology J-8.
The personnel, from the back cover is:
Danny Alvin, d; Ray Daniels. cl; Del Lincoln, c; Floyd O'Brien, tb (now there's
a great horn man!); John Johnson, sb; Andy Johnson, p; Earl Murphy, bj.
Several were mentioned in earlier DJML posts by Jim B and Charlie H.
No date on the LP but I have 17/21 Feb 1959.
Kind regards,
Bill.