[Dixielandjazz] Charlie Hooks

mikemarois at hirelivemusicians.com mikemarois at hirelivemusicians.com
Sat May 3 14:15:30 PDT 2003

No, Charlie's referring to the Dick's Last Resort just off of the Chicago River in Chicago.  I never, got to play in the joint, but I frequently performed with the accoustic trio that played the pier and mall that surrounded the club.  We used the back of the club as a break room and storage location for our cases and gear for a short time.  And yes, it was a bloody loud place.

Mike