[Dixielandjazz] My Brain Hurts!

KenASlater at aol.com KenASlater at aol.com
Fri May 2 14:11:42 PDT 2003

Hi Chaps.

Can anyone help me with any details of a tune I last heard in the 80's played
by a semi-pro Dixieland band in the North West of England and haven't heard
since. A few notes from it have been drifting through my mind recently and
I'd like to lay the ghost and find a recording.

The title is 'Jumping the Line'. As I recall the clarinet led in with the
melody and it had the sort of sound I usually think of as a Bechet/De Paris
thing - the same sort of swing as 'The Onions' and 'The Martinique',

Any ideas, or would lobotomy be a more effective way of achieving closure?

Regards

Ken