[Dixielandjazz] Bob Helm's trumpet.

Bob Shoring bobshoring at california.com
Thu Mar 27 20:26:13 PST 2003

As the question of Bob Helm playing the trumpet, I saw a reference to
something like that in the liner notes of a Turk Murphy CD.  OK I found
it.  It is on the CD of Turk's band at the Italian Village in SF
1952-1953.

The liner notes makes this statement,
" Fans were surprised to discover that this permanent band lacked a
trumpet (except at rare moments when tuba man Bob Short would switch to
cornet, or rarer ones when Helm played trumpet. ......"

That's the only reference I've ever seen about Bob Helm playing trumpet.

--
Regards, Bob Shoring.............San Francisco, California, USA
bobshoring at california.com