[Dixielandjazz] Preparing for a gig

Bill Biffle bbiffle at swcp.com
Tue Mar 25 22:46:59 PST 2003

We have been asked to play a festival and they're asking questions that I
don't really know how to answer.  For instance, they want our "sound specs
and/or stage plot".  I assume the latter is how we want to be placed on
stage, but I'm at a loss as to how to answer the former.  We have a front
line of tpt, tbone, and clarinet and a rhythm section of drums, banjo,
piano, and string bass.  The bass is usually amplified and we like a mic in
front for solos, vocals, and talking with the crowd.  Is this all they might
want?

Thanks for any help.

Bill Biffle
Trumpet & Leader