[Dixielandjazz] Chicago

Elazar Brandt jazzmin at actcom.net.il
Wed Mar 19 01:18:22 PST 2003

No problem, Jim. Disagreeing IS allowed. And you have to remember who you're
dealing with. I'm a schmaltzaholic. I grew up with Dixieland revival music and
the tail end of the swing era in the 50s and 60s. I probably never heard the
"real thing" until I was already hooked by the imitators with the red and white
suits and straw hats. And also, Broadway is Broadway. It isn't necessarily
supposed to swing. Considering what's been coming out of the movies for the last
many years, for what it is, I enjoyed Chicago, the flick and the music.

Elazar