[Dixielandjazz] A JAZZY CELEBRATION

JBruno868 at aol.com JBruno868 at aol.com
Sat Mar 15 13:47:33 PST 2003

We are having a party to celebrate the lives of several of our fallen
comrades and to pay tribute to the joy that they brought to us while we were
together.

Musicians, Jim Snyder of the bratty brassy trombone, Leon Crabb, who served
as the Golden Eagle's banjo ambassador, Abe Most, a talent that was equal
only to his friendship, Al Reiman, a local trombonist who was also a good
friend to jazz and a punster without equal. Ray Avery, whose jazz photographs
are world renown and whose LP archives have enriched many lives. Sandra
McLean, whose enthusiasm and support of the music was not only important as a
fan, but who also served as a super volunteer in many Southern California
jazz events. Ray Fehring, who with his wife Rose, was a constant quiet force
in support of the music and who was beloved in California.

We lost so many, it is time for us to take a moment and to celebrate just how
much each of our lives are touched by their presence, their talent and their
friendship.

The Celebration to be held Saturday, April 5, 2003 from 1-4 pm in the
Yesteryears Dinner Club located at 235 West Second Street, Pomona, California
and will feature the Royal Garden Dixieland Band and the Fabulous Titanic
Jazz Band with surprise invited guests throughout the afternoon.

Yesteryears is a great venue with plenty of parking, a dance floor and
professional sound and staging. We look forward to a great afternoon and
perhaps many more. The event is hosted by Red Entertainment (of Pomona) Dan
Commins, Nancy Sinclair and Laurie Whitlock with special assist from Karen
Beatton.

Hope to see you there.

Hugs

Judie