[Dixielandjazz] live band vs recorded music

acjspres at aol.com acjspres at aol.com
Sun Mar 16 19:04:13 PST 2003

We play a jitterbug night every Monday night with young folks doing the Lindy
Hop, Balboa and Shag to our (quartet) New Orleans Jazz and swing tunes. They
dance non-stop to every song so when we take a break they play swing tunes
and keep dancing. They play Benny Goodman, Ellington, Basie, Louis Prima,
etc. It has been no problem for us.....the club used to have Karaoke on the
break....that was a huge problem. (many dancers would leave)

The crowd is always delighted when we resume playing.

Joe Hopkins
Jazz Clarinet...480-396-6798