[Dixielandjazz] Re: Chicago ( HIghly Recommended)

JimDBB at aol.com JimDBB at aol.com
Fri Mar 14 23:54:25 PST 2003

Judi K and I just caught the movie, "Chicago,"  this afternoon.  We loved it
and highly recommend it.  This is a knockout musical from beginning to end
and it is unlike any other musical.  Great story line.

The three leads, Renee Zellweger, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Richard Gere are
all superb.  Zellweger and Zeta-Jones are terrifc singers and dancers.  And
Gere isn't bad himself.  A nice surprise from all three.

The music score is heavily 'dixieland jazz tinged and at times edges toward
the burlesque and it is just right for this.  You will love the
soundtrack...at least I did.  I think that only a couple of tunes are usable
outside of this show.

Jim Beebe