[Dixielandjazz] Chicago

Elazar Brandt jazzmin at actcom.net.il
Fri Mar 14 13:16:45 PST 2003

Marv,

Begging to take issue (humbly of course) with my friend Bill, I loved the movie
"Chicago" and have been singing half a dozen or so of the songs in my head ever
since I saw the flick. I have transcribed 5 of the songs, not being able to find
sheets locally (in Israel), and I also posted a request once to this list and
got a rare no response.

My transcriptions are in Encore, which is an old dinosaur program whose maker is
out of business, but it works great. But I cannot easily get them into an email
friendly format (unless anyone knows how to save Encore files as a graphic of
some sort; I don't see how to do it). And I don't have ready access to a fax
either. Any suggestions?

The songs I have transcribed are:

And All That Jazz (F)
When You're Good to Mama (Fm)
All I Care About is Love (Bb)
Mr. Cellophane (C)
Razzle Dazzle (F)

I have adjusted the keys to my needs, about a third or fourth lower than the
soundtrack.

Alternatively, there is a book from the Broadway show that has I suppose most of
the tunes that were also in the movie. I don't know how different that version
is from the movie version. But the book is available on Amazon for about $12.00.

Let me know if (and how) I can help if my transcriptions interest you.

Elazar Brandt
Misrad HaJazz
Doctor Jazz Band
Jerusalem, Israel