[Dixielandjazz] Re: Who Needs a Union?

AL LEVY jazz_man at ix.netcom.com
Wed Mar 12 14:36:11 PST 2003

<snip>It might be interesting to hear from DJML'ers who are members of the
musician's union and can attribute the union as to helping them actually land gigs.<end>

Although I now belong to the Houston local I can report that after 50 some odd years
of belonging to Local 802 NYC:

Local 802 has a welfare fund used to pay musicians to play at city functions,
hospitals and the like. All one needs do is apply for a job and be a member.

Cheers,
Al
Pianist, Composer, Arranger, Conductor, Teacher and Music Prep.
Please visit me at
http://alevy.com