[Dixielandjazz] Re: .sit file

Dan Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Mar 12 08:39:00 PST 2003

>From: "Richard Crockett" <rcrockett1 at houston.rr.com>
>To: "dix" <dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com>
>Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 00:59:11 -0600
>
>I received a file from a guitar playing friend (musical content) that has a
>.sit suffix. When I queried the internet I discovered that it is a new
>compression program like ZIP it's called STIFFIT. I downloaded a free
>"Stuffit unpacker", installed it. Re-started my computer and when I tried to
>open the .sit file I got an error message "Missing file: OLEACC.DLL". I
>found the missing .dll file in with another application, copied it and
>dropped it in the folder with the Stuffit app. Tried again to unpack the
>pics and got a slightly different ERR. "DLL will not open. Check the
>program."
>
>Ideas anybody?
>
>dc
Richard--
    You need "Stuffit Expander" from the website:
               http://www.stuffit.com/expander/winindex.html
The installer for Windows should put all the .DLL objects in their proper places (your .DLLs may be in the wrong folders). Then to unstuff a .sit (Mac) file, either drag the object over the Stuffit Expander icon, or start up Stuffit Expander and open the .sit file.
    I've got both a Mac and an IBM-type computer (a Gateway) at home, and this works on the Gateway.  Also, although i don't know that much about IBM-machines, i kind of thought that the unZip utility (at least the up-to-date ones) would handle .sit files.  Maybe not.

    Dan