[Dixielandjazz] Tips:

John Farrell stridepiano at tesco.net
Sat Mar 8 14:25:57 PST 2003

Last time Mary and I went to Adelaide, Australia to visit our younger son we
took a three day break in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Taxi fares there are fixed
by the government, they are so unbelievably cheap that it doesn't make sense
to travel around the city by any other means. After our first taxi ride I
paid the driver and tried to give him a tip - however he seemed to be
visibly shaken by my offer and steadfastly refused to take it. I have no
idea why and did not make the same mistake again.

Jazz content - I got to play with a terrific big band in Sydney (listmate
Bill Haesler was also in tow that night pressing numerous pints of beer upon
me!).

John Farrell
stridepiano at tesco.net