[Dixielandjazz] Re: Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 3, Issue 13

JimDBB at aol.com JimDBB at aol.com
Thu Mar 6 21:07:52 PST 2003

barbonestreet at earthlink.net writes:

> Like Jim, our band does not expect to be tipped has no tip jar, and does not
> remotely solicit tips, but we are always
> appreciative when it occurs.

   Perhaps I misled you.  Yes, I never expected a tip with a request however
on my regular gigs I shamelessly had a tip jar.  I was ways of focusing
attention on the tip jar that really were gauche'.

   Still, I never would have offered a tip or a drink with a request even if
it was for some low rent band like say, Bob ringwald.

   Jim Beebe