[Dixielandjazz] Tubas in Jazz lead to Tubas in Rock (at least in the Funny Papers)

David Richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Sat Mar 1 22:07:28 PST 2003

Hi all,

Since we all know that Rock & Roll is merely a tiny off-shoot of
Dixie/trad Jazz, Western Swing and Rhythm & Blues - I think you should
all look  in your local Sunday paper March 2nd for a comic called
Bizarro by Dan Piraro  (if your paper does not have it you can check it
out next week at
http://kingfeatures.com/features/comics/bizarro/about.htm   )

It is a total tribute to the tuba and it really rocks!  (and the
drawings are really pretty well done, too.)  I don't want to give more
than that away... ;-)

Dave Richoux