[Dixielandjazz] Harmony is more than a musical term

Charlie Hooks charliehooks at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 1 13:50:25 PST 2003

Sorry, Randy, but you've lost me here.  Since I have deleted whatever
message I sent you and since you didn't include it in your irritated reply,
I don't know what I said to irritate you.   Whatever it was, I'm certainly
sorry and offer sincere apologies.  Why don't you send me--hopefully
off-list--my original message so I can see it.

This I post on-list, since, if I do owe you an apology, everyone can know
it.  And come to think of it, I offer an apology whether I owe it or not,
since your response indicates that I somehow really ticked you off.  I can't
even recall what you wrote originally that caused me to respond.  Did I
criticize your playing?? How could I do that--or praise you, for that
matter--since I've never heard you play.  Gee, I must have said something
exceptionally stupid.

sorry,
Charlie