[Dixielandjazz] S'wonderful

Jerry Gordon jerrygordon at juno.com
Sat Mar 1 13:58:25 PST 2003

I just listened to "'S Wonderful" on her "Live in Paris" CD (Verve 440
065 109-2; track 9). It's an up-tempo, swinging number, anything but "a
very slow, sexy bossa." As a matter of fact, she doesn't even sing it!
It's strictly an instrumental version, with some very tasty piano by
Diana.

Maybe she does it differently on another CD?

Jerry Gordon, Troy, NY - Web master for
http://www.timesunion.com/communities/jazz