[Dixielandjazz] fees (was kid's)

James Kashishian kash at ran.es
Sat Mar 1 10:34:43 PST 2003

Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] kid's concert

I wrote:
>>got what we would get normally would get for a full blown concert."

Benny asks, with some worry that he might be out of line..........

>Might I be so bold to ask if the going price for a full blown concert
is comparable to "Union >Scale" in ths US.  I have often wondered about
the price for different size groups
>(2-3-or 4 hours) in various parts of the world

Benny, it's not so much out of line as just being sort of meaningless.
It's very hard to compare salaries/prices anywhere in the world, as so
many variables creep in.

When I mentioned a "concert fee", I'm not speaking of a club gig, rather
a large concert venue.  A one hour concert will be considerably more
than you speak of.  You must weigh in, however, that we have 35 years of
history, we are relatively big fish in a small pond, etc., etc.....

Club gigs are more on the fee you mentioned, but they are regular
(weekly or monthly) gigs, and run for two 45 min sets.  All are local
(read 15 min drive) and host full sound, free drinks, etc....

Jim